What to Do If You’re Involved in a Rear-end Collision
Car accidents can be a terrifying experience that leaves you feeling overwhelmed and uncertain about what to do next. Dealing with medical bills and insurance companies can add even more stress to an already challenging situation.
That’s where Jett Legal comes in.
As experienced St. Louis car accident lawyers, we understand the complexities of car accident cases and are here to help you navigate them. In this blog, we’ll provide you with a step-by-step guide on what to do after a car accident to protect your rights and obtain the compensation you deserve.
Don’t face this difficult situation alone—contact Jett Legal today for a free case review and quality legal representation.
Immediately After the Collision
After a car accident, the first priority is to ensure the safety of everyone involved.
If you’re in a rear-end collision, follow these four steps:
- Move your vehicle to a safe spot. If possible, move your car to the side of the road or a safe location to avoid causing further accidents.
- Check for injuries. Make sure everyone involved in the accident is okay. Call 911 if there are any injuries or if you’re not sure.
- Call the police. You should also call the police and wait for them to arrive. They will document the accident and create a police report, which you can use as evidence for your claim.
- Exchange information with the other driver. Get the other driver’s name, phone number, and insurance information. If there are any witnesses, get their contact information, as well.
Document the Scene
After ensuring everyone’s safety, it’s important to document the accident scene as thoroughly as possible:
- Take photos. Use your phone or camera to take pictures of the damage to both vehicles, the surrounding area, and any injuries sustained.
- Write down the details. Take notes of the date, time, location, and weather conditions at the time of the accident. Also, jot down any details about how the accident occurred.
- Talk to witnesses. Ask witnesses for their contact information and take notes of what they saw.
Seek Medical Attention
It’s crucial to seek medical attention after a car accident, even if you don’t feel like you’re injured. Some injuries, such as whiplash or internal bleeding, may not show symptoms right away. Seeking medical attention can help connect your injuries to the accident and ensure that you receive the necessary treatment.
Keeping track of your car accident medical bills and records can also be helpful when filing a claim with your insurance company or if you need to take legal action. It’s important to follow up with your doctor if you experience any pain or discomfort after the initial evaluation.
Contact Your Insurance Company
After a car accident, it’s important to contact your insurance company as soon as possible. However, it’s important to note that insurance companies don’t always have your best interests in mind.
When you contact your insurance company, only provide minimal details about the accident. Don’t admit fault or discuss the details of the accident until you’ve consulted with a St. Louis car accident lawyer. Insurance companies may use any information you provide against you to limit their liability.
Consider working with a lawyer who can communicate with the insurance company on your behalf. This can help ensure that your rights are protected, and you receive fair compensation for your injuries and damages.
Remember, insurance companies are businesses, and their primary goal is to minimize their costs. Don’t let them take advantage of you. Contact a St. Louis car accident lawyer at Jett Legal for support and guidance. We’ll help you navigate the complex process of dealing with insurance companies and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
Call a Personal Injury Lawyer
If you’ve been involved in a rear-end collision, seek legal representation. A St. Louis car accident lawyer at Jett Legal can help protect your rights and ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
Personal injury lawyers have the experience to navigate the legal process of car accident cases. They can help maximize your compensation by negotiating with insurance companies and taking legal action if necessary.
Dealing with the aftermath of a car accident can be overwhelming, but working with a lawyer can give you peace of mind knowing that you have a professional fighting for your rights. Contact us today to schedule your free case review.