Arnold Personal Injury Lawyer
Arnold Personal Injury Lawyer is your go-to law firm in St. Louis, Missouri. Our team analyzes your case, communicates with specific insurance companies, and customizes our services to achieve the desired outcome for you and your loved ones. Find out how an Arnold Personal Injury Lawyer will help you investigate and resolve your case.
Common Types Of Accidents
While most accidents are not entirely a person’s fault, it is a great idea to consult an experienced personal injury lawyer if you believe that you’ve been harmed as a result of the conduct of a government entity, corporation, or another person. Our injury attorneys can help you with different concerns, including:
- Worker’s compensation
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Construction accidents
- Dog bites
- Wrongful death
- Drunk driving accidents
- Hit-and-run accidents
Most motor vehicle accidents result from negligence. Some of these take place when a driver is speeding, driving when distracted, or fatigued. When you are in an accident with a negligent driver, you may be eligible for compensation if you follow through with the case with an injury lawyer.
Common Types Of Injuries From Accidents
Car accidents can cause nearly any form of injury to the human body. The following are some of the most common forms of injuries resulting from motor vehicle accidents and recent statistics for 2021:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI). Motor vehicle accidents are the second leading cause of TBIs, which occur when a person experiences a piercing injury or blow to the head. Fifty thousand people succumb to TBI-related injuries, and 80,000 to 90,000 are permanently disabled.
- Paralysis and spinal cord injuries. The impact of torque and crash on the body may result in permanent damage to the body. Spinal cord injuries often result in total or partial paralysis of specific parts of the body.
- Back injuries. The spine and the human body do not have the capacity to absorb heavy impact. Car accidents are a leading cause of back injuries, which may delay at the time of the accident. The disability and pain from serious back accidents may be long-lasting.
- Internal injuries. When the car forces the human body into an object, or you are hit by flying debris, you may experience damage to internal organs. It is critical to seek immediate medical attention after such an accident.
- Broken bones and fractures. Your wrists, ankles, arms, ribs, and legs may fracture after an accident. The severity varies, but in some cases, you may require surgery.
- Amputation and limb loss. Some accidents will cause severe damage to your toes, fingers, legs, or arms, such that the damage requires surgical amputation. The victim may experience disabling effects after such an injury.
Negligence is a concept in legal theory that serves as the foundation for determining liability in a DWI, criminal defense, or personal injury case. An individual is negligent if they act overtly or fail to act in a way that causes death, harm, injury, or violates another person. Arnold Personal Injury Lawyer will uphold “comparative negligence” as part of the state of Missouri’s statute, which posits that a person is sparingly responsible for their injuries, but they can only collect damages corresponding to the defendant’s level of negligence.
Statute Of Limitations
In the state of Missouri, the statute of limitations provides that the plaintiff must file the case within five years of the injury (Missouri Code Section 516.120) . If you do not file the claim within this period, there is the likelihood that the case is not eligible for settlement or trial in the courts.
The statute of limitations varies depending on the nature of the injury, the type of claim you filed, and the defendant you are pursuing under Missouri Law. Personal injury lawsuits occur as a result of intentional wrongdoing or negligence of another party, and you can file such lawsuits in Missouri’s civil court system.
- 516.120. Revisor.mo.gov. (2022). Retrieved 7 June 2022, from https://revisor.mo.gov/main/OneSection.aspx?section=516.120&bid=27834.
- List Of Common Personal Injury Claims. Florin|Roebig. (2022). Retrieved 7 June 2022, from https://florinroebig.com/common-personal-injury-claims/.